- The Buried Crown by Ally Sherrick
- Who were the Vikings? by Jane Chisholm
- Creating a Viking recipe for bread.
- Analysing and writing kenning poems.
- Writing a non-chronological report on the Viking Era
- Place value.
- Addition and subtraction.
- Multiplication and division.
- Perimeter and area.
- Compare and group everyday materials based on their properties.
- Compare and groups everyday materials based on their responses to magnets.
- Know that some materials dissolve in a liquid.
- Observe changes over time.
- Stephanie Kwolek.
- Discovering how the last Anglo-Saxon kings shaped Britain.
- Making a timeline of the Vikings.
- Why the Romans left.
- Where the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians and Scots came from.
- Invaders and settlers. The Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings.
- Christianity - who are the great leaders and inspiring examples in today's world?
- Understanding what is expected of a person following a religion or belief.
- Christianity, Hinduism and Islam.
Art and Design:
- Adam Hale
- Alan Williams
- Creating a portrait of a Viking warrior.
- Creating mythical Viking dragons made from craft metal.
Design and Technology:
- Cooking a seasonal stew/soup to eat.
- Compose a song using GarageBand to include versus and a chorus.
- Write lyrics and melody.
- Arrange a song to include dynamics, structure and contrast.
- Evaluate information on Publisher.
- Collect data.
- Present data on Publisher.
- Respond to classroom requests.
- Ask for things within the classroom.
- Telling the time.
- Numbers from 31-30.
- Written forms of familiar numbers.
- Identifying differences in school in the UK and France.
- Common use of the 24 hour clock in France.
PSHE / SRE:
- Know how to make informed choices that contribute to a balanced lifestyle.
- Identify the different influences on food and diet.