WB 22.3.21 - Reading
This week, we worked really hard in our beautiful library. We worked in small groups for our guided reading session, and we are learned all about Charles Darwin.
WB 22.3.21 - History
This week, we listened to music from the decades, researched the different eras and then created a timeline that was presented to the class to show how music and fashion have changed over the years. Take a look below:
WB 15.3.21 - Science
In our science lesson, we learnt how to identify and classify creatures based on their characteristics.
WB 15.3.21 - History
This week, we learned about what the ‘Census’ is, why it takes place and the importance of recording the results. Then, we recorded our own family information.
WB 15.3.21 - PSHE
This week, we worked in small groups to act out different scenarios where conflict had occurred. We then applied different strategies, such as: talking to a trusted adult, taking time out, compromising, & apologising, in order to resolve the conflicts.
WB 15.3.21 - French
This week, we played a game in pairs to help us talk about the sports we like and dislike.
WB 8.3.21 - Science
This week was British Science Week. To celebrate, we took part in a planned activity, where we had to design our own Robo-bug. This innovative design would help make the future world a better place. We planned our designs before creating our models using play-doh.
WB 8.3.21 - Karate
We really enjoyed getting back into some wider curriculum activities this week! Sensei Dave was helping us to warm up for our Karate session. Take a look below:
WB 8.3.21 - History
In our history lesson this week, we watched the film, 'Wizard of Oz' from 1939 and thought about the following questions: How does it differ to modern day films? Why does the film change from black and white to colour? What special effects are used? We then created movie posters after watching some of the film. Take a look at some of our brilliant posters below:
Spring Term 1
Throughout Spring Term 1, we have been completing the following tasks, both at home and in school:
Art and Design
- Using different media
- Creating observational drawings
- Shading and blending coloured pencil
- Creating surrealist artwork
- Understanding and explaining computer coding
- Understanding the origins of coding and programming
- Using coding to reach a goal
- Designing and writing code
- Explaining to others about coding
- Using maps to locate British seaside resorts
- Identifying features of seaside resorts
- Understanding what seaside holidays and resorts were like in the past
- Describing a seaside town in the UK
- Comparing holiday destinations in the UK with Europe
- Understanding what wisdom is
- Understanding how the Bible is organised
- Identifying wisdom in the Old and New Testament
- Identifying and naming parts of the circulatory system
- Understanding the functions of the circulatory system
- Understanding how water and nutrients are transported within the body
- Describing how diet and exercise impact on human bodies
- Planning a scientific enquiry
- Explaining the impact of drugs and alcohol on the body