Find out about how the Romans began by reading The Story of Romulus and Remus
Lesson 3: School Trips!
Unfortunately we were unable to go on our school trips this year but you can visit the British Museum and The Natural History Museum on Google Street View! These amazing virtual tours mean you can explore artefacts inside the museums as if you were there. The science musum also has lots of exciting learning ideas and experiments you can take part in at home. You can even go a little further and visit Rome itself!
Lesson 4: Explore how the Roman Empire expanded across Europe.
Look at the maps and then colour in your acticity sheet to show how the Roman Empire expanded as it invaded countries across Europe. When did they invade the England?
Lesson 5: Research what was life in Britain was like before the Romans invaded. (Iron Age)
Who were the people living there?
Where did they live?
What did they eat?
Look at these videos and fact sheets to help you find out more:
- Make a model of a celtic roundhouse using materials from outside or recycling.
- Draw and label a picture
- Role Play: Make a lifesize model outside using a tent
- Write a for sale advert for your roundhouse
Lesson 6: The Roman Invasion of Britain
Lesson 6, 7 and 8
Over the coming weeks you can choose from the following activities which demonstrate the impact the Romans had on Britain once they invaded and the lasting impact this has had.
- Find out about Roman baths and design your own floor plan
- Look at Roman mosaics and design your own
- Find Roman roads and cities on a map of the UK. Make a cross section of a Roman road
Can you design your own Roman Mosaic?
History Hackers Roman Rescue eBook and Activities
Research modern Rome and make your own travel programme or brochure
The Roman Army