We will use the knowledge we have learned about space, along with inspiration from our two focus texts to produce the following written pieces:
- A Newspaper report about the 1969 Moon landing.
- A balanced argument.
- A diary entry of Alex Rider.
- A fantasy story.
This term we will be learning about multiplication and division, fractions, decimals, percentages, perimeter and area.
We will be learning about Space and animals this term. This includes the following:
- Describing the movement of the planets in relation to the Sun.
- Describing the Sun, Earth and Moon.
- Understand how Earth's rotation leads to day and night.
- The history of space travel.
- Describing the changes as humans develop into old age.
This term, the children will be learning about Europe, North America and South America, and Volcanoes and Earthquakes.
There will be two topics covered in RE in Spring term: Easter, and Religionand the Individual. We will be looking at the following key questions to guide our learning.
- What is expected of a person in following a religion or belief?
- How significant is it for Christians to believe that God intended Jesus to die?
The artists we will focus on in Spring Term will be Peter Thorpe and Harold Cohen. We will produce a space themed abstract art and piece of digital art using a computer program.
We will be learning about mechanisms in DT this term by constructing a rocket.
This term we will be learning about programming and flat file databases.
Children will learning skills in Tennis and Rugby this term.
With our specialist music teachers, the children will continue to develop skills on different instrument and play melodies on a variety of instruments.
This term, we will be earning about how to deal with peer pressure, the risks of smoking, inclusion and acceptance.