The Great Kapok Tree - Lynne Cherry
Journey to Jo'Burg - Beverley Naidoo
- Write a non-chronological report on the Mayans.
- Create a travel brochure.
- Write a biography of Nelson Mandela.
- Perform a speech.
- Write a letter.
- Properties of shape.
- Position and direction.
- Converting units.
- Describe the differences in the life cycles of mammals, amphibians, insects and birds.
- Describe the life processes of reproduction in plants.
- David Attenborough.
- Eva Crane - bee life cycles.
- Know that unsupported objects fall towards Earth because of the force of gravity.
- Identify the effects of air resistance, water resistance, and friction.
- Recognise that some mechanisms allow a smaller force to have a greater effect.
- Artifacts of the Mayans.
- Mayan gods.
- Nelson Mandela.
- Understand the geographical similarities and differences between Johannesburg and Lesotho.
- Use the eight points of a compass to describe the position of the two places within South Africa and in relation to one another.
- How can we make Nottinghamshire and Worksop places of tolerance and respect?
- How do we promote tolerance within our school and area?
- What can we learn from people who resist discrimination and persecution? Understand the meaning of discrimination and persecution in different contexts.
Art and Design:
- Beatriz Milhazes.
- Frank Ross.
- Create a tropical collage using coloured squares and ink.
- Create a landscape of a scene for Journey to Jo'burg.
Design and Technology:
- Make a mandala from fabric (Hinduism).
- Create a range of African instruments.
- Play a variety of Samba instruments.
- Learn traditional Samba rhythms and fills.
- Play and maintain a part in a Samba band.
- Identify a range of ways to report concerns about content.
- Recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.
- Numbers to 100.
- The Euro.
- Identify and use an infinitive.
- Types of regular verbs in French.
PSHE / SRE:
- Understand how to make and change rules.
- Recognise whether physical contact is acceptable or unacceptable.
- Know how to handle, challenge or respond to anti-social or aggressive behaviours.
- Identify different kinds of responsibilities.
- Understand what it means to be part of a community.
- Identify different groups that support the local community.