Roll Up, Roll Up For The Circus!
Summer Term - Roll up, roll up for the Circus
This half term we will be looking at all things Circus related and exploring our own unique talents. We will be reading books such as Olivia saves the circus by Ian Falconer, If I ran the circus by Dr Seuss, You see A circus I see by Mike Downs and Paddington at the circus by Michael Bond. The skills we are looking to develop are our sentence writing and being able to write a sentence independently. We would also be using computers to research the origins of the circus and taking look at the original circuses and performers.
These are the skills we will be focussing on developing
- Finds the total number of items in two groups by counting all of them
- In practical activities and discussion, beginning to use the vocabulary involved in adding and subtracting
- Records, using marks that they can interpret and explain
- begins to identify own mathematical problems based on own interests and fascinations
Shape, Space and Time
- Can describe their relative position such as ‘behind’ or ‘next to’.
- Orders two or three items by length or height.
- Orders two items by weight or capacity
Why not have a go at learning a circus skill at home such as juggling, tight rope walking, hula hooping etc It would be great to see what you have learnt by the time we return to school.