- Use the phase 2 sound mat to practise recalling your phase 2 phonic sounds.
- Can you think of different words starting with the phase 2 sounds?
- Play the I spy sound phonics game, spotting pictures that start with the different sounds.
- Have a look at the tricky words mat. Try and read the tricky words.
- Use look, cover, write and check to practise the spelling of the tricky words.
- Choose a tricky word from the mat and try to put it into a sentence.
- Can you write down the sentence containing the tricky word?
- Look at the cvc picture word cards and say the sounds in the words.
- Write the words to match the pictures.
- Practise the sounds from the phase 2 sound mat.
- Complete the phonic frames sheet. Discuss the sounds in the words and then write the sounds down on the frame.
- Read the captions on the sheet containing words with different phase 2 sounds in.
- Can you match the captions with the correct picture?
- Use the sound buttons to read the phase 2 word cards.
- Choose a word from the word card and write a sentence containing that word.
- Practise reading real and nonsense words using your phase 2 knowledge on the Buried Treasure Game on Phonics Play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/2/buried-treasure
- Select three letters from the attached phase 2 letter formation sheet to practise forming correctly. Remember to think about our phonics action to help you.
- Can you think of 2 words starting with each letter that you have chosen? Try to sound them out and write them down.
- Play the roll and read game below. Roll a dice and read the word next to that number. Tick off the words as you read them. Can you read all the words in the game?
- Watch the video to practise recognising the sight and tricky words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvMyssfAUx0&list=RDTvMyssfAUx0&start_radio=1
- Practise writing the tricky words from the song. Can you cover them up and then spell them correctly?